Free membership for ground staff? A course tests the arrangement
A nine-hole golf course in the UK is testing an interesting concept: free access to the course in exchange for getting your hands dirty.
That’s right, instead of getting paid in pounds, Hollyville Golf Course owner Nick Cotterill-Waring is all about the barter system: come work the course, then enjoy the fruits of your labor playing on the course.
Great news today we have received confirmation that we have been appointed to manage Hollyville Apartments in Greenfield #Oldham. The old mansion converted into apartments has a private pond, a pond, extensive gardens, a tennis court and a golf course #property management pic.twitter.com/DMI0uUvAaP
— Estates Management Ltd (@EstatesPM) December 9, 2020
The course dates back to the 19and century and had deteriorated somewhat in recent years. The land was about to be purchased by a property developer, but Cotterill-Waring stepped in.
Cotterill-Waring told the Saddleworth Independent:
“It concerned me who was going to deal with it in the future; it could become a real horror.
But he said his money won’t go any further because he can’t afford to maintain the course in the condition he wants on his own.
“If I spent every penny I had, unfortunately, I wouldn’t encroach on the maintenance work… I need the help of the community to restore it to its former glory; in return, I am happy that people come and take a ride on the course. They can come here, bring their [buddies] and enjoy a few hours knowing a ball.
So here it is, and who knows? Maybe it will become a trend that will catch on in the US and become a way to cut your golf budget!
Cover image Via Saddind.co.uk
- Free membership for ground staff? A course tests the arrangement – May 26, 2022
- Justin Thomas gave his ‘Bones’ caddy something he never got from Phil Mickelson – May 25, 2022
- Report: Jack Nicklaus is being sued by the Nicklaus Companies – May 24, 2022
- Mito Pereira’s 18th hole nightmare costs bettor a six-figure payout – May 24, 2022
- Golf, Hooters, Casinos: John Daly’s Perfect Day in Tulsa – May 20, 2022
- McIlroy continues hot streak with first-round 65 to take early PGA Championship lead – May 20, 2022
- A Tiger Woods PGA Championship victory would be disastrous for sports betting – May 19, 2022
- Richard Bland Commits to LIV Golf Event and Becomes First DP World Tour or PGA Tour Player to Defy the Order – May 18, 2022
- Tiger Woods took a day off after the Masters to resume rehab – May 17, 2022
- Is Greg Norman at odds with the Saudis and LIV Golf? – May 17, 2022
Show all posts